Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Automation of adding CTI route points

Status
Not open for further replies.

astros30

Technical User
May 21, 2006
US
I'm in the process of adding over 1000 CTI route points into callmanager. I'm looking for a way to automate this process. I have not found a way to do this in BAT. Any suggestions welcome. Thanks

Goodness gracious! 1000 CTI route points? What in heaven for? I don't know of any way to automate that outside of direct database manipulation, which of course is a bad idea.

John Lever
Telecommunications
Richland School District Two

why do you need 1000 route points. somehting needs consolidated. R u implementing CER or somehting.

Even if he were, you could get away with two. That's all we use. One for outgoing calls to the PSAP and one for incoming calls back from the PSAP. Wildcards are your friend!

John Lever
Telecommunications

ok. i still learning. cant figure out why he would neeed that many.

I'm in a school district and they are using CTI route points and schedules for partitions to stop people from calling teachers during the day. They forward the CTI route points to voice mail. Then when the schedule kicks in calls go to teachers phones. Voipguynsc you look like you are at a school district, I would be interested how you implimented this. Thanks

What version is your CallManager???? CCM 4.1.3 has Time of Day Routing built in.

Precisely pndscm. That is exactly how we do it.

John Lever
Telecommunications

This district is running 4.1(3). They are using schedules for partitions. I'm just going to create 1 CTI route point that sits in that partition example 6xxxx and forward to VM. I believe this should work. If anybody can think of a reason it wouldn't please let me know. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back