Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Automation in WORD

Status
Not open for further replies.

yagnik3128

Programmer
Jun 14, 2001
IN
how can i create a Word 200 Document using VB 6.0 and office object library with all the facility of Table and formatting of text and etc...

just like Invoice or Purchase Order

so data will coning from Access and using vb i want to create a direct document of Purchase Order....

Can anybody help me?

Which part are you having a problem with? It should be straightforward.

Read faq222-2244 to see how to get the best from these forums. There have been several examples of Word automation code shown. A quick search will find (amongst others) thread222-850052 which should get you started

You can use the MS Mail Merge object in VB and basically create a Vb process where you can select certain fields and based on those values print either invoices or Purchase orders.
I have done a similar Vb/Access code where the scenario is to print Collection Letters based on Team names and Dates.

Let me know if you need help..and I can maybe share that logic(code) with you.

A good programmer is someone who looks both ways before crossing a one-way street. - Doug Linder

hi...

thats the good idea...

i will try that and if i will face any problem... i will ask u..
let me try first...

thanx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back