Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Automation in coreldraw and pagemaker from access

Status
Not open for further replies.

SimpleWorker

Programmer
Jul 3, 2000
GB
Visit site
I am just starting my foray into the land of automation using access. I would just like some starting points.<br><br>My business is a research and publishing house, and the printing of our report is an unnecesarily complicated a task. I would like to be able to run all the printing from a stock/whatever control database.<br><br>Have access 97, coreldraw 8, pagemaker 6.5.<br><br>Another, related problem (if you could point me in the right direction) is that we print the same pages all day every day, however, some of them are very large and take a while to be spooled (like 30MB) I am wondering if there is a simple way of catching the output that comes from pagemaker and corel (especially corel - because occasionally, it failes to spool sections of the text at all and I have to print the pages again!!!!) before it gets to the printer and saving that. It would save me hours of work a week.<br><br><br>THANKS<br><br>Chris

Sorry, being a local!<br><br>The &quot;Report&quot; refers to the Book that we produce. Its about 100 pages all stored in different files in Corel and Pagemaker. The thing works fine as is, but it is a pain having to do things like count the number pages we have in stock because someone did a bit of random printing. Anyway, What I want to be able to do in the end is have a list of the pages as a flatplan (comprehensive document showing the title of each of the sides in the book, whether they are colour, what their filename is....etc) in an access database and then be able to print whatever is needed directly from there. Also do some batch printing... etc. The database I have no problem with, its the automation stuff I have done none of at all, and in the standard MS vein, I cant find anywhere to start.... <p>Chris<br><a href=mailto:NaroonHa_IV@hotmail.com>NaroonHa_IV@hotmail.com</a><br><a href= > </a><br>Inward Investment Europe sells the most up to date (we actually sell it back to the EU!) information on Europe (EU and CEE). Detailing Inward Investment Incentives, Taxation Rates and Labour regulations among other things. Personal plug... been programmin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back