Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Automation error

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarQ

Technical User
Dec 5, 2001
PH
Hi..I just want to ask why my program says "automation error"..seems not reading the ado connection..what bothers me is that the program worked for like...6 months and then starts this kind of error. what bothers me more is that the program runs fine with other PC, same installer and everything I had with the PC that gives and error..may i know what is the best thing i can do about this, and what is causing the problem? I just want to know why this happened, so that in the future I know what I need to do..thank you in advance..help is greatly appreciated..Thank you again

Some OCX or DLL got overwritten with a different and incompatible version. Try uninstalling it and then reinstalling it again. If you have the sourcecode or a dependency checker, you can copy the DLL's into the same folder as the EXE, so they don't get overwritten again.

I tried reinstalling the program. I also tried reinstalling VB and updates..still wont work..anymore suggestions?

Are you sure that the system dsn you're connecting with is still there?

What is meant by system dsn? all i knopw, nothing has been touched on that PC..the database is still there..

This may be of help to future readers:

I had the same problem for the last month. What I found was that my scrrun.dll was not properly registered. I got the problem with the FileSystemObject. There were two versions on my system, 5.6.0.8825 and 5.6.0.8820. It also ruined my VB.NET with a ClassFactory error.

I unregistered the 5.6.0.8825 version and reregistered it, and the problem has gone away.

Hope this helps!

Thnaks for the answer...i was able to solve the problem almost a month ago..what i did, i reinstalled the windows service pack 2 for winxp since the OS was winxp and after rebooting it was already working.Thnaks again for the info..hope this helps you also

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back