Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Automating printing of a PO Received Goods Labels during receiving 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryatkins

IS-IT--Management
Oct 24, 2001
US
Looking for ideas on the best approach on how to do this:

When a PO is received with "PO & RFQ > Receiving > Purchase receiving" we would like to automate the printing of a variant of the Crystal Received Goods label. This would remove a step out of the process instead of having to key in the PO number again into "Print received goods label". We would like it to print immediately from a local printer so the received product can be labeled.

Has anyone done anything like this?

Thanks!

If you have flexibility you can launch a crystal report on the PrintReceiver_GotFocus() event, the one I use prompts the user for the number of labels, gathers some additional information on the part and prints a label on an old ups printer.

Thanks for the quick response. This looks very promising and exactly what we want to do.

To enable / install Flexibility do we have to add it to our license? We have Designer already in our license.

I assume then it will come with a programming guide that shows functions like PrintReceiver_GotFocus() and others?

Yes it needs to be purchased and added to your license, there is a server install and a client install for each machine. It does come with some example code and basic documentation.

Are you on ES or Progression?

I think flexibility is already installed with ES and all you need is the license.

Bob is right,all you need is the license. There is a guide available but it is kinda dated and does not get shipped with the product, you have to go find it on the Exact portal.

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Macola, eSynergy, and Crystal Reports

"What version of URGENT!!! are you using?

I'm not able to find the Flexibility guide on the Exact portal. The closest I've come is the Macola Development Reference Manuals, doc# 699.452, but they look to be for Progression.

Flexability is definatly the way to go. We use Flex for printing lables (calling a crystal report) during receiving and it works great.

If you are looking for a Flex manual for Macola, they don't have one. I've been asking for years. The only one they have is the on for Progression. It can be found on the exact customer portal under the Progression Series Reference Library. Most of this guide still applies, but it should get you started in the right direction.

Also, when you decide to launch a crystal through report through flex, ensure that you have all the right dlls, and drivers on all PC's that will be using this function. We've had problems with newer PC's not having the old drivers since the newer Macola installs don't install the older drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back