Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Automating Outlook

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawkieboy

Programmer
Apr 30, 2002
GB
Hi

My problem is :

I receive an email with a number of attachments. All the attachments are emails.

What I need to do :

Move the attachments from the email to a sub folder in my inbox(Remember all the attachments are emails). I have the code to check if an email has an attachment i am then checking the attachment to make sure it is a .msg but just cant figure out how to move the attachment to the seperate folder.

versions :

VFP6
Office XP

Please could someone point me in the right direction.

Nick

your help and advice is appreciated

hawkieboy

Have you tried the code in faq184-3894 "Retrieve attachements for all e-mail in the inbox"?

Mike Gagnon

If you want to get the best response to a question, please check out FAQ184-2483 first.

Mgagnon

I have used the above code in previous code and it works great when i am saving an attachment onto my c:\ drive. The trouble i am having at the moment is that i want to save the attachment into an outlook folder.

To manually do this you select the attachment(the email was sent as an attachment) and drag it into the relevant folder in outlook

Many Thanks

Nick

your help and advice is appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back