Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Automating an Agent Skill Change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

1a22ip

Technical User
Jun 11, 2003
US
Hi All; I need to add a skill as a 2 to an agent at 7am and remove the skill at 8am. I tried to script it but it don't change the agent. I can change it manually but the script doesn't work. Am i missing something? Any other witchcraft out there that can help.

Thanks in Advance
ED

1a2 to ip I seen it all

what are you trying to achive as there may be another way to skin this particular cat?

APSS (SME)
ACSS (SME)

Agent 12345 needs to answer skill 5 from 7 to 8 am. At 8am agent needs to answer skill 10 for the reset of her shift.

Clear as mud

ED

1a2 to ip I seen it all

Assuming that you have a CMS server, there are two ways to do this. Using CenterVu Supervisor you could create two auto run scripts, one to set the agent to skill 5 and a second to set the agent to skill 10. Once you have these scripts you could then use Windows schedular to run them. For these to work the pc with the scripts would need to be on in order to execute the scripts.
The second way is to use timetables on the CMS server using CMS TERMINAL, again two scripts, advantage is that the CMS server is aways on so the scripts will run.

I tried this but the scrips don't change the skills.

1a2 to ip I seen it all

Couldn't you do this with a scheduled 'find and replace' task from ASA (using the change feature)?

The scripts should be changing the skills. Obviously the PC where the scripts are scheduled to run needs to be on. You need to set up the logon information in Supervisor for these scripts.

If you are R16 I have heard/read a lot of issues with auto-scripting.

A KISS approach would be to give the agent two logons with the skills set for each as desired. Puts the burden on the agent to logoff/logon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back