Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Automatically set home page?

Status
Not open for further replies.

youngjedi

IS-IT--Management
Jul 5, 2000
US
Visit site
I want to create a link or a batch file that, when clicked, will set our company intranet page as the default home page.  This would be sent to all users in the company.  How do I do it?  I've been trying to use IEAK (IE admin kit), but on install, the update from Microsoft fails...

hey, i have seen something like this before.&nbsp;&nbsp;When i signed up for one of those free isp the sent a .ins file.&nbsp;&nbsp;When looking at it in notepad, its basically a .ini file.&nbsp;&nbsp;The exact field to set for the homepage you will have to look up.&nbsp;&nbsp;Actually if you do a search for *.ins look for the install.ins file and view it in notepad and change the appropriate tab.&nbsp;&nbsp;If you can't figure it out just send me a email and ill see if i can find the original .ins file and send it to you.&nbsp;&nbsp;good luck<br><br> <p>moses<br><a href=mailto:tmoses@iname.com>tmoses@iname.com</a><br><a href= my site</a><br>"In the beginning there was HTML, and it was good"<br>
by Nick Heinle, Designing with JavaScript<br>
<br>
<br>

I think some pages have a system where they ask you to download a .reg file... Then when you click on the download, when asked whether you want to save or run, choose run (that could be potentially dangerous though- not always a good idea to accept changes to the registry when you're not sure what those changes are). <p>Liam Morley<br><a href=mailto:lmorley@wpi.edu>lmorley@wpi.edu</a><br><a href=] :: imotic :: website :: [</a><br>"light the deep, and bring silence to the world.<br>
light the world, and bring depth to the silence.

Sorry, don't know login scripts but this should set the HomePage.

open Notepad and copy and paste the following between the lines and save the file as startpage.reg. Edit the http:// entry below, save the file, then ouble-click on the file to merge the contents into the registry.
===============BEGIN CUT===============
REGEDIT4

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\main]
&quot;Start Page&quot;=&quot; INTRANET.com/&quot;
=================END CUT================

reghakr

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back