Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Automatically running and printing a crystal report

Status
Not open for further replies.

spence74

Programmer
Jul 16, 2004
US
Does anyone know how to kick off a Crystal Report (version 10) from a SQL Server Job?

Also, is there any way to make a Crystal Report automatically print when it gets done running?

What edition of CR 10? Pro, develeoper, or?

What version of SQL Server?

And what does kick off mean? Try supplying specifics, such as print, or email, or write to a file, or all of the above. Obviously display wouldn't work, so what's the intent?

You can probably write code within a DTS job using VB, but Crystal does NOT allow for command line execution, one needs to use the RDC or a 3rd party tool.

-k

The Crystal Version that I am using is 10 Professional and the server I want to run on is MS SQL Server 2000.

What I want to do is have a report excecute after a job is done and print it to a specific printer. E-mailing the report would work as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back