Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Automatically printing a report from web server

Status
Not open for further replies.

t3010

Programmer
May 8, 2001
US
Hi

I am displayiing a report from the web server on my PC, in an activex window. Can someone suggest a method of automatically printing the report to my default printer

Thanks
Ted

Let me know if you find out how to print directly without pressing the print icon on the CRViewer toolbar.

In the SmartActiveXViewer.asp , use .PrintReport Method instead .ViewReport. In this case report will not displayed on the page but send to printer internally.

Hi,
I am using the PrintReport Method in asp. I am able to print the report. But the 'Print Common Dialog' box pops up. Is it possible to prevent the 'Print Common Dialog' from popping up. I need the report to be printed to the default printer. The code should handle the situation where no default printer is present.

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has found a soultion this printer problem. I can get the report to print out just fine, but have not been able to figgure out how to print with out getting Printer Pop-up. Any help would be greatly appericated.

TIA
Arick

Hi everybody!!

Can anyone post sample code to do this. I have tried using the code from the crystal report site and did not work.
Does this need any config on the IIS?.

Thank you
Patrick

Hi everyone,

After talking to Crystal Reports the other day, I was told that unless you are using the .NET platform that you will see the Popup. Hope this answers your question, I know it did for me.

Arick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back