Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Automatically forward voicemail message to another user?

Status
Not open for further replies.

brucealmighty

Technical User
May 13, 2004
US
Hey guys,
I'm trying to find a way to "automatically" forward new messages from one user to another. Customer has voicemail pro/IPO R6.
I know you can listen to the message and forward, but no one is sitting as this desk for awhile, still needs its own voicemail box and greeting (callers don't know someone isn't sitting there). They don't want to log in ( *17-> ext->password ect..), just have it forward or copy into another user. Example x425 needs all new messages forward to x545. No vm to email set up.
Is this possible?
I was glancing over VB scripting, honestly it looks like the matrix to me. If I had an example to look at then I could copy and paste or something.
Any helps or ideas are appreciated? Thanks!

Is there a specific reason voicemail to email isn't set up? that's the ideal way to do it. Have the voicemail forwarded to an email box that in tern forwards all emails to the desired group of recipients.

Could you point the Out of office employees' DID to a hunt group with both users as a member and have the voicemail of the huntgroup broadcast the VM to both mailboxes?

Create a customised leave mail start point for the user with a Leave Mail action in it that is set to the mailbox of the other user as its destination.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

sizbut, I thought about doing the "leave mail" action, will this still leave a copy on x425 or just play x545's greeting? They need the greeting for x425 (sales) to still play, but have x545 (finance) check it like its one of his own messages.
ipolmans they have a funky email set up going and IT peronel don't want to work with us, its a huge ordeal.
andynetcom they don't want a hunt group message, even though I like this idea best and proposed that to them at first. But they don't like it.
Thanks for the input!

how about this...

1. retrieve and listen to the VMbox greeting for x425, to make sure it is suitable for this purpose.
2. create customer leave start point for user x425
3. start point connects to a voice question action... prompt is a renamed x425 VMBox greeting (and uploaded to the correct spot with all other module prompts) for x425, record = 120 seconds.
4. send resultant file to x545

GB

Thanks greybeard, I'll give that a try. Wouldn't you use the greeting wav thats already created under accounts? Or can we use that same greeting?

That's what I meant... retrieve the greeting wav file for that user from their account, make sure it's appropriate. Then I'd rename it, and install in the same place as all the other module wav prompts so it's usable by the voice question action.

GB

sorry, missed the greeting bit in the middle. In that case use a Listen action instead of Leave Mail and in the Listen action just point the first entry prompt setting at the original users existing greeting file.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

just add a source number in 545!

ACSS SME
APSS SME

A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back