Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Automatically forward a copy of Email in Notes R5.04 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fullbee

Technical User
Feb 3, 2001
GB
How do i set notes (domino) to automatically forward a COPY of my Emails to an external account. Leaving one copy on the notes server for when i am back at work Etc.

Write an agent 'when new mail arrives', send a copy to : recipient name

Should work just great Peter Van Eeckhoutte
peter.ve@pandora.be

Hiya,

any idea how to keep the original subject in the copy that is sent? Your method works great, but cannot keep original subject, it comes up blank...

thanks, Teresa

I assume you are using a Simple Action for this agent?

If so, in the properties for the Simple Action to forward it, in the Message properties (where it lets you specify the To: and Subject: items), click "Formula".

In the subject field, type "Subject" (with no quotes).

Now it should inherit the Subject line of the original message.

Jess :)

Great stuff Kendertaunt - I have been searching for a solution for this basic problem for weeks now. Thanks a lot.

regards, Teresa

Any idea how to reply to an email that's been forwarded with this agent without manually typing in the original recipient's address?

I don't think this is possible using the simple agents. However, you can use a bit of formula language to preserve the original senders name:

thisfrom := From;
FIELD ReplyTo := ReplyTo;
@SetField("ReplyTo"; thisfrom);

REM 'This bit is to stop recursive mail if you are sychronising two mail files';
thisto := @If(@LowerCase(SMTPOriginator) != "name@company.co.uk"; "name@company.co.uk"; SendTo);

FIELD SendTo := SendTo;
@SetField("SendTo"; thisto);
@If(thisto = "name@company.co.uk"; @MailSend;"")

You will also need to add a line couple of lines of code that:
a) add a flag to the document to indicate it has been forwarded and
b) a check to see if this flag has been applied.

if you don't add and check for this flag and you run the code above 'as is' after new mail arrives, it will constantly send each mail message again when a new one arrives. The good news is that R6 has some built in flags so you don't have to write the initial flag to the document.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back