Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Automatically filling out website fields 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daedelus

Technical User
Aug 14, 2002
US
I have an Excel application which prepares data for entry into a web-based form on our Intranet. It even opens IE for me and sizes it so I can see both the information and the form to enter it.

But I would prefer it if I get the app to fill in the data itself. Is there some way I can send a text stream to the site?

What are you running on the Web Server? Can you use ASP or ASP.Net to populate the form? Maybe you can output the data as XML to the Web directory and have the form page look for the XML file to get it's data. [hairpull2]

VBSlammer
redinvader3walking.gif

[sleeping]Unemployed in Houston, Texas

I don't control the server and have no idea what is running on it. I didn't write and have no ability to change the form. I am only someone who has to fill out the form. All I am doing is writing a VBA app for MS Excel to make it easier for me to accomplish this.

I was only wondering if it might be possible to send a text stream to the page, as if I were typing it into the keyboard.

A not so reliable way is the use of SendKeys and AppActivate.

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ222-2244

Thanks! That is what I was looking for. I am sure that there are better ways of accomplishing this. But I am also sure that my XML is not up to the task. For my fairly simple purposes, SendKeys should work fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back