Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Automatically changing Cell backcolor based on value 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

at51178

Technical User
Mar 25, 2002
US
Hey Guys

I have created an excel sheet that calcuates a teams

score permonth

I would like to have the cells where the scores were low

to have the backcolor change automatically how would you do this

thanks for any help that you can provide me.

use conditional formatting, goto FORMAT, Conditional formatting in the menubar..... [yinyang] Tranpkp [pc2]
- Let me know if this helped/worked!
Please remember to give helpful posts the stars they deserve!
This facilitates others navigating through the threads / posts!

Use Format, Conditional Formatting.
Select the column you want to apply the format to, then enter into Conditional formatting. Set it to say, for example, Cell value is, less than or equal to, ( fill in your preset cut-off value). Select the Format button, apply whatever desired options you want, click ok, and ok again. You can add additional format options for the same range by using the Add button.

The best way to do this is with conditional formatting, it is on the format menu, then conditional formatting, then choose the options you want and then click on the format button, then choose the patters tab and choose the color you want to use, you can set 3 conditions ie. equal to X one color, greater than and less than, you can also change the font color on the font tab and the border on the border tab.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back