Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Automatically adding date to date field 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

spencern

Programmer
Dec 20, 2001
US
Hi,
I'm making a web app with access 2000. I each time a record is submitted, I want the new record to automatically add the date into the date field. I've seen the Now() function, but I don't know where to put it.

Thanks,
Spencer

In the Submit code, set the date field to Now().

Hope this helps.

Candles.

Hi Spence

I have managed this in two ways in the past.

1) Just set the control source of the field in question to 'Now()'

2) Insert another field on the form- perhaps in a permenant header or something else that won't change- and have that show the current date. Then write a line of code that says each time the form is updated, your desired field is updated to match.

Hope this helps

We'll,
I've set the validation rule to Now() in the table design view, but I'm not sure if this is correct. I can't think of anywhere else to put this. I have the field set to short date, and the only options under the general tab are format,input mask, caption,default value, validation rule, validation text, required, and indexed. Can I put the Now() in any of these, because I'm not using any forms.
Thanks,
Spencer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back