Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Automatically adding an attachment and sending

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaws1972

MIS
Nov 7, 2002
GB
Could anyone please help me with a problem

I am using Outlook 2000, but can switch to Outlook XP if needed.

I need to be able to automatically add an attachment, and send an email out to a distribution list at a set time each day, without any human intervention.

The attachment can be called the same thing every time, or kept in the same network folder - that isn't a hard thing to do

Does anyobdy have any ideas ?

Thanks
[2thumbsup]

Im not sure what kind of data you are trying to send but MS access is able to attach files and send out emails automatically, although be warned that if the file you want to attach contains ny pictures or tables then access is not the answer your looking for. Actually thats not entirely true, if you were willing to send the files using MS snapshot then it will work. Snapshot is MS version of PDF although it is not as commonly used, but it comes with access and is free to download off the MS website.

jaws1972,
you could use blat and just a scheduled task.
free - easy.
regards,
longhair

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back