Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

automatically add record when open form

Status
Not open for further replies.

abbazabba

Technical User
Aug 1, 2003
GB
Hi All!

When I open my form, the info from the last record is displayed in the fields. I have put in a 'add new record' button which works fine.

I want the 'on open' of the form to automatically add a new record so the form is blank from the start.

I've tried using a macro, but couldn't find what I wanted in the 'action' coloumn..

Help would be appreciated!

Cheers

Phil.

If I understand you correctly, you want to make this form a data entry form exclusively. Set the form's Data Entry property to "yes".

Shane

If I understand, you want the field to blank on the form and be in add new record mode. If you are opening the form by a macro, set the macro to open the form. on the next line choode gotorecord under action. You can then choose "new" under Action Arguments. This will allow you to open the form, have the field blank and create the new record. Hope this helps.
Keith

Thankyou very much!

That's solved it..

Cheers

Phil.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back