Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Automatic virtual login

Status
Not open for further replies.

REAAL

Technical User
Dec 14, 2005
NL
I'm looking for a solution (Rls 5.0) for automatic virtual login on a set. When somebody uses his smartcard for login on his pc, we want at the same time that his template is pushed to the set connected to the pc.
In this way Information Security is happy (secure logon/logoff on sets) and people don't have to log on on both pc and set.

I've heard some banks in England allready using this and also some hotels in Las Vegas.

Does anyone know something more about this ??

Hi guys, nobody knows something about this ?

This is known for traders sets, not for Nortel ones...

dlesap thx for the response but I'm sure it's now also possible on Nortel sets.
A Nortel CSR in the Netherlands told me he had seen it in England and the United States.

I'm looking for some kind of USB-connection connected to 1140's, that connects with a USB-connection from a pc and they interconnect in a cardreader. When placing your (security)badge in the cardreader the pc automatic logs on (makes a connection to Active Directory) and by that action also your set-template is pushed by a SS.

In this way you have "automatic" secure roaming (pc's and sets)in your building(s).

Anyone ?
Or am I looking for something too advanced ?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back