Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

automatic transfer out of an audix mailbox

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmidanm

IS-IT--Management
Dec 23, 2004
US
Dumb question here, is there a way to have an audix mailbox (no physical handset) do a transfer to a phone number outside of the system.

I've done the outcalling setup, which only notifies the outside number that there is a VM in the mailbox. I'd like to have it automatically routed temporarily to cellphone. Thanks.

Set up an adjunct extension in the sytem, with Remote Call forwarding, and an Authorization Code, renumber it to the extension of the mailbox in audix, forward it, and callers will hit that instead of Audix.

I'm pretty audix/merlin ignorant here, so you'll have to fill me in a little more. The box that we want forwarded is a mailbox only, with no physical extension.

Recreate it as an mailbox associated with a physical extension.

In the Legend, use an adjunct extension, renumber it to match the mailbox, give it an authorization code so that you can forward it, put it in the voice mail coverage group.

When it is not forwarded, callers selecting that mailbox will transfer from the Auto Attendant to the adjunct extension and back to Audix for voice mail coverage.

When you want the call to go off site, you will use the Authorization Code to forward the extension.

For the Legend side of thing,

hrm.. won't let me renumber, just beeps. Most likely, I don't know what the heck i'm doing.

Post your dial plan report, and some info on the extension number that you want to forward.

510 through 530 are actual extensions. 531 & up (through 575 I think) are mailboxes only.

With a 7 in front of them they are all DID's. want to have the box 557 be auto forwarded. (which is DID 7557).

Does this help?

You may already have the extension number in your systemm.

Try Maintenance > Port > Station > 557 > Enter > Status

If it beeps at you after the Enter, it doesn't exist, if it lets you get to Status, it is a physical extension or adjunct already.

Here's what it shows:

STation: 557
DialPlan: 557
SlotPort: 0128
LogicID: 8
Profile: unequipped
Maintainence busy: no

I keep trying it, but all I end up doing is forwarding the extension from where i'm keying in at. ??

Try this sequence from System Programming first:

Assign Authorization Code to Extension

Extensions > More >Auth Code > Ext. No. 557 > Enter> CODE 557 > Enter

Enable Remote Forwarding

Remote Fwd > Ext. No. 557 > Enter

To Forward the Extension:

Go to a KEYSET, and press an SA Key
Dial #80-CODE 557-#-*33-9-(Outside Telephone Number)-#

If your processor release is too old (press SPKR *05 to find out), you may need to loop a single line extension to a spare CO port, and program it for remote access, then you will be able to dial the extension, get answered by the remote access port, then dial *33-557-9-(Outside Number)-#

STill same issue. All I end up forwarding is the physical ext from where i'm keying in at. have set auth code for the mailbox 557 to 557, have remote fwd 557 on (at least I think its on, but obviously not).

Legend 5.0 V10.0

The ability to use Authorization Code for Remote Call Forwarding was added in Release 6.

So, you will need to so the loop around. Take a spare Single Line Extension, use a line cord to plug into a spare CO Line port, program the CO Line port for Remote Access, call the Single Line station and let it ring until answered by a stutter dial tone. Then you will be able to dial *33-559-9-(telephone number)-#

Not sure how to do this. I think I just need to bite the bullet and hire someone to fix this. Been working on this since last friday.

Do you have an extra phone you can plug in at the phone closet, and leave plugged in? You could do that, figure out what extension it is, renumber it and the existing 557, so it is 557, and then forward it and leave it.

Have thought of that, but how do i renumber the slot/extension to 557? Doesnt seem to accept the 'renumber extension' option at the console.

Next question, what is the cost for someone to just remote in and fix this issue?

STation: 557
DialPlan: 557
SlotPort: 0128
LogicID: 8
Profile: unequipped
Maintainence busy: no

The Logical ID and the Slot/Port indicate that 557 is an adjunct. So you would go to System Renumber > Single > adjunct > 557 > Enter > 7307 > Enter

This puts 557 back to its original set up space extension number.

Then you plug in a phone, and find its extension number by pressing Spkr #00, the display shows you the current extension number. (Spkr again returns it to idle)

Now go to System Renumber > Single > Extension > (The extension number of the phone) > Enter > 557 > Enter.

Go to Extensions, Remote Forward, and allow it the feature.

Forward the extension, with Spkr, *33, 9, telephone number, #

Or find a local or remote tech to do it for you, cost will vary. Find someone who knows what he is doing!!

yeah, unlike me, who definetaly doesnt know what hes doing.

ok, followed the above with no issues--557 re#ed to 7307, 625 re#ed to 557. 557 ext is now disassoiciated with mailbox 557-- except for the last thing. When trying to foward the extension (now physcially 557), it error beeps when I try to enter the '9' for outside.

Make sure that 557 is allowed Remote Call Forward, under Extensions, and that the lines are set to LS Disconnect Yes, in the Lines menu.

Thanks much! And the project is finally wrapped up. Appreciate all the patience :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back