Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Automatic timer button

Status
Not open for further replies.

Delster

Technical User
Jun 20, 2003
GB
Hi All,

we have definity G3r with a large number of agents. We have been asked to set up a number of these agents so that they can time their inbound calls with a view to passing them to higher level support after a certain time. I know we can set a timer button but is there any way to get the phone to automaticaly start a timer when a call is received?

cheers

Del

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
umm,it IS supposed to do that, right??

Delster,

change 'em phones to 24xx (or 46xx if you want ip), these have automatic timer for every call appearance.

dwalin,

they are currently using callmaster phones which they would need to retain. Also with 600+ of them this could be a bit costly....

We're using 64XX phones, and we just leave the call-timer button on. That way it automatically shows the call time for each and every call.

Susan
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls, and looks like work."
- Thomas A. Edison

Hi Susan,

I've just checked and it's not possible to program a key as Call-timer on these phones. Only option is timer which seems to act more like a stop watch and runs till pressed again.

You may give this a try.

Do a Change station "Your ext #" and on the third tab listed at the buttom is "Button Assignment". You can change one of your buttons to "Call-Timer".

When you press that button, it tells you how long you been on that call. The timer restarts after every call.

What type of CallMasters are you using?

Susan
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls, and looks like work."
- Thomas A. Edison

it's a mix of callmaster 3 & 4's

I've already looked at button assignment and it does not give call-timer as an option. is there a way to enable this facility so it will be an available option?

You might be able to set up an alias; I'll check into this over the weekend & I'll post a reply on Monday am.

Susan
- Thomas A. Edison

Found out that the call-timer button is ONLY available on 64XX sets. I'm not sure what would happen if you changed the set type to a 64XX, but you could try it and see.

Susan
- Thomas A. Edison

Thanks Susan,

unfortunatly i know what happens if you do that as i've tried it on several other systems... the button placements go all over the shop. They will just have to remember to push the button!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back