Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

automatic sub layers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ericthej

Technical User
Oct 27, 2006
US
In the newest version of paint shop pro (Corel PSP X) I am not able to draw lines in the same manner. All of the lines go into one sub vector layer called "new path" thus when trying to edit the individual locations of each drawn line, it conveniently assumes that I have created one curve and want to move the entire thing. How do I set the program so that after drawing lines with the pen tool, I can move each one separately?

How are you creating the lines?

The best tool for editing vector objects is the Object Selection Tool. You can add this tool to the toolbar by going to View - Customize - Commands - Unused Commands. In my opinion it does a much better job than the Pick Tool (which is also intended for raster objects, so you can imagine the mess).

Darn, thought that was the solution but nope. That didnt quite help. Does no one els have this problem? Try this....in PSP X create a blank document, select the pen tool.... Now draw five lines in random directions, for less confusion do not intersect lines. Now try to move a single line. For me all lines move as one.

Self found solution: (to a problem that only exist on my special PSP X, I guess)

After drawing lines, look at the tool menue for pen. Notice the edit tool. use this to select lines. If you just try to click on a line and move it, a swigly line shows and the whole vector layer moves again. I assume this is the symbol for path, it thinks you want to move the entire vector path. You must use one of the next two methods.

1.(the correct way)
use the edit tool to select one line. If easily done click and drag a box arround the entire line. But if you have other lines that would also be in your box, or it is a curved line, do this: draw a box around the starting point of the line, notice the node is now highlighted black, now hold down the SHIFT key and draw a box around the end of the line. (this works because you are telling it to move all selected nodes, and the begining and end are the only nodes of that line, if there are any middle nodes you must highlight them in the same matter while holding down the SHIFT key) your line now moves on its own

2.(the much easier way)
Use the edit tool to add a node. with the same tool selcted, hold down the CTRL key, the word add shows, click anyware on a line (this adds a node, and also selects all nodes that are connected to that node) you can now easily move the single line

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back