Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Automatic scologin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cesar77

Programmer
May 1, 2001
MX
how i can do the graphic session (scologin) in SCO 5.0.6 start, without ask username and password?

Good question?

I do not think you can. Because it is a multi user enviroment at a min. you need to use a login ID. for that reason I do not think can do this. Altering the securitty level the system uses may have some effect on this ?

My guess is you can not. If I am wrong, please let me know.

-Danny

Cesar77,

Anything is possible! It may not be easy though. Firstly I'd disable scologin (using 'scologin disable') to stop it getting in the way. Then you would need to write an rc script (in /etc/rc2.d perhaps) which starts the X server and application(s) you want to be displayed.

There's a bit too much for me to go into any detail here, and I'd probably only lead you down the wrong track.

Annihilannic.

In my case I have a "PCS" ( siemens applications ) on SCO OpenServer 5 and it open without SCOLOGIN, but I change the Xservers for run a screensaver with scologin, after that I can run PCS because Xlogin has conflict with mouse, Now I change de file Xservers again, otherwise scologin start run every time. I made “ scologin disable “ error : ‘scologin only start init session’ it is tty02.
My question is : How can I stop scologin if it´s stop my sco on tty02. If I´m in tty01 can I chenge some application on tty02???? Maybe it´s resolve .

how can i disable tty02's login being graphical?

Know any gurus who might like to throw some suggestions my way about this:

This is old SCO: OSR5.0.4

Control-d to login normally hangs because Scologin does not start. If log in maintenance mode, then do"
shutdown -g0:0
answer 'y' to continue
press enter to reboot

System comes up in INIT 2 and can log in okay. If shutdown and power off...
The next power on comes up in INIT 0 and you have to warm boot again to get around it.

inittab is okay. Any ideas?

DrTony

Yes.

Please don't post a new question to an old thread, specially when it doesn't have anything to do with it.

Create a new thread, and wait for some answers there.

Regards

Frederico Fonseca
SysSoft Integrated Ltd

did you ever get a solution to this question? I have the same question...Interested in your final solution

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back