Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Automatic Paging

Status
Not open for further replies.

gknight1

Programmer
Jul 27, 2006
US
I saw a thread or two about this already, but they were pre R6.

Scenario
IPO R8
VM Pro R8

I would like to setup something to automatically page at three different times a day and play a different recording on each one of those pages. I have been playing with Post Dial and Alarm Set actions, but cant seem to get it exactly how I am looking. Any ideas? Also, it seems that I can only setup one alarm set action in all of voicemail pro. Whenever I try to access another alarm set action it says I already have one set, when I know I am going to another alarm set action.

There is an alarm action.
It is some kind of wake up call.
You can see times when it should call and speak the alarm.
I am not sure if it can be paged.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

I can get it to page with an extension forwarding to shortcode, I am having issue with it being multiple times on the same day

You need to set multiple alarms.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

I do, but the second and third one never seem to work at all.

I tried the same thing a couple of years ago. Instead of going grey, I used an external voice announcer and Altronix timer - works every time.

yeah, I saw that in one of the threads. I think I am pretty close to getting it, but I cant get the cancelcode to work.

I think you need three different Page groups (these can contain the same users) so that you have 3 different targets.

Avaya_Red.gif

Dain Bramaged (Avaya Search tool )

I'm looking to accomplish something similar...

we are attempting to use the avaya IP500 voicemail pro system to mimic a bell system via paging.

I spent a few hours trying to get it to work and what I thought was very easy has turned into a bit of a hack....

Here is an example of what I am doing currently

Alarm Set (in VMPRO) to dial 284 on a particular interval
Extension 248 is forwarding to shortcode *85
Shortcode *85 is calling the VMPro Module I created
VMPro module is doing “Post wave file” and check “Play out a looped wave file.” to PAGE:400 (group of page)

This works , but is incredibly tedious and I have a 256 bells to create.

And... If I make changes to the VMProd module it doesn't seem to take effect right away.
Not sure if this is a sign of some other issue?

Other internet research has suggested purchasing a dialer but can't find any that have easy web programming plus its another device.

Thanks
Adam

adamip500 said:
And... If I make changes to the VMProd module it doesn't seem to take effect right away.
Not sure if this is a sign of some other issue?

You need to wait all the active VM connection to release before your changes to take in effect.

Doesn't it also keep paging and paging until cancelled by someone :)

No it just pages once. Although the loop options does make me wonder what that does. Maybe I didn't use that option.

Any ideas on how to ovoid the hack of forwarding to an ext. to shortcode to vm module ? ...

-Adam

Last time I tries this it just looped, perhaps I did it differently :)

So....

I've created my numerous bells, and it's all firing off as expected.
BUT.... the volume of the WAV file is playing very low.
They've described it as a 6 out of a needed 10.
The general user making a page volume seems fine (when it's not playing the looped wav file).

Any ideas?

I've tried a variety of different WAV files and they all seem to be the same volume.
I've checked in Audacity to increase the volume, and the Vu meter shows it as hitting the max so don't think I can increase it any more.

-Adam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back