Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Automatic Mailbox Forwarding 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 28, 2006
US
I know there's supposed to be a VB script for this (which I am not real familiar with) but is there an easy way to automatically forward voicemail coming in to one hunt group to a different destination mailbox? If not can I get some quick pointers on how to implement the VB script? Thanks.

Generic Action
This action can be used to simply play a prompt to the caller through its Entry Prompts tab.

This action can be used to enter custom commands for the voicemail server. The maximum length for the string is 128 characters.

One example is using the command FWD:201#202#203#204#205## to forward a message to multiple mailboxes, the message being recorded by a preceding Voice Question or Edit Play List Action. The 128 character length limit restricts a single generic action to 31 three-digits extensions, 24 four-digits extensions and so on. However multiple generic actions can be connected in a chain to bypass this limitation.

This means:
If you make a Voice Question action at the "leave" startpoint of the group then you can send the message to another mailbox automaticly.

Okay sooooo....

Let's say I have an operator who is only "sometimes" at work. I have quite a few "operator hunt groups" going to her so she can answer the phone properly per company when she's here. Can I forward on busy or no answer to a short code module with a generic action to leave voicemail to a specific mailbox then? This sounds plausible considering what you are saying here. Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back