Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Automatic Labeling 4620

Status
Not open for further replies.

josele

IS-IT--Management
Jul 10, 2001
ES
Hi everyone!
I have to relabel button features of a 4620 IP phone, but i want to do it automatically, is it possible? Meanwhile 46xxsettings or application file.

Thanks.

I tend to use the system abbreviated dial feature "change abbreviated-dialing system". In here you can enter FAC/DAC's/SD's etc into the dial code section and then use the "Label for 2420/4620 Station" section to name the buttons. I use things such as login, logout,AUX codes etc.
You will also need to give the station access to the "System" Ab-dial.

The just programme the buttons to access
abrv-dial, List: x, DC: 01 etc etc

is it possible to re-label functions such as busy indictations, rather than the "Busy xxxx"

thanks

Not by using the system abrv-dial list. Only functions that use FAC's/DAC's and speed dials etc. Most commonly used buttons such as release, directory etc are already programmed.

you can refunction the labels by the command change display-messages button-labels. here you can put the translation of the english terms that are used at the station labels. After that you can change the station language with change station xx at page 1. The only disadvantage this feature has is that you have to fill in al the change display-messages xxxxxxxxxx forms. otherwise all you stations with user defined language will show stars(****) for the not filled in translations.

I want to change the first 2 lines. Example
20500 to Line 1
20500 to Line 2

it has to be done at the station, i think. formerly there were some problems with holding the abrreviated labels at the stations after logoff and logon with another extension. that could be a problem if you are using psa.i dont know if these problems still are, you could try that. besides of that, good luck with programming you stations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back