Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Automatic Email

Status
Not open for further replies.

JMoore64

MIS
Nov 5, 2003
US
Hello All, I am new to groupwise so bare with me. I have been searching all over the place to figure out if i can configure groupwise to send a recurring automatic email at a certain time on a certain date to remind staff to log off there PC. Can i do this is GroupWise? We are running the 8.1 client.

Thanks for the help.
James

Well, I've been searching around nad found something called GWsend. But i can't figure out how to use it. Has anyone used this before?

I have not used GWSend, but I am pretty sure that GroupWise does not have the ability to send out automatic recurring messages.

I personally don't like to babysit people. They should be responsible enough to follow whatever policy is outlined for them.

Marvin

Marvin Huffaker, MCNE
Marvin Huffaker Consulting, Inc.
A Novell Platinum Partner

To my knowledge, there is no built-in feature to do what you want. Be careful of third party products.

GWSend is actually a novell utility that allows you to create/send GroupWise messages from another calling program, e.g. C#, FoxPro are two I've used.

It's at
I concur with the other responders, I have never been able to figure out a way to create recurring emails like you're describing within GW itself and have wanted to many times.

Best of luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back