Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Automatic Email using Groupwise and MS Access 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

MTBChik

Technical User
Jun 19, 2001
US
Hi there,

I've searched the FAQ's and found hundreds of suggestions on how to automatically email using Outlook, but we use Groupwise at our company.

I have an Access query set up that will generate a list of new events and the contact email for the events that I have used to create a form. I have a command button that will run the following code when clicked:

Private Sub cmdEmail_Click()
Dim email, notes As String
Dim intCounter As Integer

email = Me.CONTACT_EMAIL_ADDRESS

notes = "Dear Event Organizer:" & Chr(13) & Chr(13)
notes = notes & "We appreciate your information regarding: " & Chr(13)
notes = notes & Me.Event_Name & " " & Me.Event_date
notes = notes & Chr(13) & Chr(13)
notes = notes & "We will update our calendar with this information." & Chr(13)
notes = notes & "If you need further help with registering, please call 555-555-5555 and we will walk you through the process."
notes = notes & Chr(13) & Chr(13)
notes = notes & "Yourtown Community Info"

DoCmd.SendObject , , , email, , , "New Event - " & Me.EVENT_NAME, notes, False

End Sub

However, this only send out one email. I tried getting it to loop (intCounter variable) but Access keeps crashing with the loop in there (IPF, Kernal 32). Any suggestions on how to get it to loop through the form and generate an email for each recipient in the query list?

Thanks!
MTBChik

I have not tried what you are doing however we have integrated Groupwise Mail and tasks into our recruitment system without any problems. A bit of a pain but if you want the code for this please e-mail me at
andy@mtechnologies.co.uk and I will happily send you the VB module that you can interface to.

Andy,

I tried emailing you and got a fatal error and had the message bounce back. Is the address right?

Thanks,
MTBChik

email is andy@mtechnologies.co.uk

No problems at our end so try again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back