Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Automatic Email Rotation

Status
Not open for further replies.

geminihk

Programmer
Nov 11, 2002
HK
Hi All,

I have a gorup which has 10 users email id & another Email address 'test@test.com', the task I would like to achieve is, if a mail comes to 'test@test.com', it has to automatically distribute that mail to one user at a time, once reaches the end of email address(ie 10th), the distributin has to start from the first.

Any idea to achieve this?. Thanks in advance!.

Regards.

it would help if you told us what mail client or server you are using The solution is out there. [morning]

Hi marcs41,

Sure, Email Client is MS Outlook2000 & Server is Exchange Server 2000.

Regards.

It's something with reviewers, but I honestly forgot how to do it [ponder] because it is a terrible thing if someone in the line is absent or deletes or something like that.
Maybe someone here remembers ?

What is the purpose if I may ask? The solution is out there. [morning]

Hi marcs41,

Tks, actually, I need this solution at my work, absentees no problem, the mail can be dropped into the mailbox, but there could be some way, any one help me?

Regards.

Well I understand the mail can be dropped, but what if someone is let's say 2 weeks absent?
Excactly what do you want to achieve, there may be other solutions. The solution is out there. [morning]

Hi marcs41,

To the email address 'test@test.com', only Resumes will come. From that point I want to distibute to the Consultants Group(Which has 10 members) one by one on an rotation basis. this is what I want to achieve.

Yes correct, if one member is absent, it has to pass to the next on the rotation.

I'm completely new to this & totally confusing me how to achieve this.

Regards.

ok, you are new, that's fine, but you start with some tricky things.
If the member is absent, how are you going to detect that? It is just mail you know.
But again, i understand your rotation part, but what i don't understand from your question is WHY do you want that to rotate. What is wrong with sending that to everyone? The solution is out there. [morning]

Hi Marcs41,

Our compny wants fully automatic function. We receives a lot of CV's/day to this general email Id 'test@test.com'. Now manually we are forwarding mails in 'test@...' to the members of the group one by one. this ha to be automatic. the 'rotation' i meant is, from 'test...' the new mail has to automatically distribute to the one member in a group at a time.

I hope there might be a way to achive this by Macros.

Regards.

ok, sorry, but i give up.
You repeat the same rotation thing 4 times, but never WHY you want to rotate it one by one.
The only way i ever used and seen this use is for document revision, each adding their comments and at the end returning to the sender.
I think your company just makes things complicated. There is nothing wrong with 'change'. Times change, use 'normal' usage of email, you will have less problems. The solution is out there. [morning]

Hi marcs41, Thanks, I hope the question can be discussed in forums, not rationale in anxious.

Regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back