Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Automatic discount not working - Mircros 3700

Status
Not open for further replies.

SvenRizzo

IS-IT--Management
Aug 9, 2020
US
Seem to be having an issue with a new discount when using the 'Automatic' type. We're going to offer .99 kids meals with an adult meal on Mondays and I'd prefer it that the servers don't have to spend extra time adjusting prices (or worse forget).

So far I have created a discount (206 - .99 Kid Meal), filled in the options, create a 'Quantity Threshold' rule with a trigger of '2 - Food' which includes all eligible MI and set the Award MI to '3 Kids Meals', trigger quantity of 1, Award Type as 'Amount Substitution' with amount of '.99'.

When mapped to a button for manual use, it works more or less as expected (would like to cap it to 2 kids meals per adult which doesn't seem to be working but that's minor). When set to either 'manually enabled auto' or 'automatic' it fails to work at all.

Is there a setting I'm missing or is some service not running that needs to be, perhaps?

We're on RES 5.7.5

Do you have automatic discounts enabled?
POSCONFIG, Revenue Centre, RVC Transactions, Enable Auto Discounts

Wildbar,

That's what it was. I figured there was something like that that needed to be enabled but didn't see it in the documentation we have.

Perhaps you can address the other issue I'm having with the award quantity.

Our offer is for every adult meal you can get up to 2 kids meals for .99. It seems that I can either give 1 discounted kids MI(Award Qty 1) or they have to order 2 kids MI(Award Qty 2) before the discount is applied. I guess my understanding of the way the Award Qty worked was that it would award UP TO the number entered in the box. It seems the system won't recognize the discount until it can give you the maximum discount.

The best workaround I've found so far is to just have two identical discounts that both award 1 kids meal. Not ideal but it works in my tests.

Max Award Quantity should be set to 2.
You can debug your discount by typing 1702 then calling the discount by a manual button.
Once its debugged set it to auto.
6. Discounts can be used to award menu items for a discounted price
when a trigger item is added to the check. Use the Award Mi Set
drop-down to select a Menu Item Set that will be awarded to the
customer after the trigger item is added to the check. Awarded menu
items must be manually added to the check by the operator, items will
not be added automatically.
Award Mi Sets are only active when the Quantity Threshold and the
Total Price Threshold Rule types are selected.
7. Use the Award Quantity field to determine the minimum amount of
items from the selected Menu Item Set that can be discounted on the
check. The maximum quantity permitted should be configured in the
Max Award Quantity field. Items quantities above this threshold
will not be discounted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back