Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

automatic country (or similar) detection

Status
Not open for further replies.

seantuk

Programmer
Mar 22, 2005
GB
i heard there was a was to make flash automaticly detect a clients localazation, and perhaps even use this to automatically load country specific xml files.

is this true?
is even nearly true?
where should i be looking to learn more about this?
is there an exmaple somewhere?

ta

i now think that the solution has something to do with XUpdateResolver - but i can't find an exmaple of it being used this way (i may, in actual fact, be completely wrong)

i was completely wrong. authoring multilingual/multilanguage text with the strings panel is what i was after. it makw the correct language text load from xml files when a movie is forst run.

unfortunatly, i can find any way of getting an indication of how loaded this text is. at the moment all the text boxes are changing on frame 2 or 3 ish, when the xml has loaded. how can i check to see if it's loaded, so i can wait a little longer?

also, how can i fool flash plaer into tkinking i'm a foreigner?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back