Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Automatic Contact-Company linking

Status
Not open for further replies.

semtex65

Technical User
Dec 18, 2007
GB
Hey,

I've been trying to get ACT! to link my contacts to their relevant companys, following the help instructions which say i should go Tools, Preferences, Startup. I can't seem to find anything here though which can automatically link for me. There's an option to automatically link new contacts but thats it. If it makes any difference, I imported all my contacts and companys into ACT! via CSV files.

Anyone have a solution?

Thanks

Hello - there is a way you can do this by utilising an ACT Add-on called 'company maker' you can download a trial version of this utility from here:
Company Maker works its way through existing contacts and links them to existing companies where a match is found or creates a new company record where no company is already in existence.

The trial will process about 8 records at a time so you can see it works and if you're happy they'll be looking for $99 for the license.

Hope his helps

Will

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back