Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

automatic aux-work mode?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rodyk

IS-IT--Management
May 3, 2001
US
I have several users in our call center today complaining that their phones are going to Aux-work by themselves. They'll take an ACD call, and when they release the call the phone is in Aux-Work. Any ideas? I have a Definity 9.5 with EAS and no changes have been made to the system to my knowledge.

If the agent gets an inbound ACD call and they fail to answer it the system automatically puts them into aux-out.

Sorry, I should have mentioned they are auto-answer, so there are no missed calls or RONA issues.

They might be going into After-Call Work, not AUX. Check page 2 of the hunt group for Timed ACW Interval.

Susan
"When the gods wish to punish us, they answer our prayers." - Oscar Wilde, An Ideal husband, 1893

Check the system features, under call center options pages. I'm not logged into a PBX right now but I believe your answer is there.

Have the stations been changed so that they have a manual-in button instead of auto-in as the behaviour you describe sounds just like the manual-in functionality.

No, and it seems random. It doesn't happen every call, just once in awhile. They're logged in Auto-In, and there are no Timed ACW Intervals set. The only thing I can think is that it might be related to a 2nd MapD card we had installed yesterday. Seems weird though, since the 2nd MapD isn't connected, no ethernet connection. we use Interaction Center, which logs the agents in, so the Map D is needed. Avaya isn't supporting that card anymore though, so we added a 2nd just as a backup.

If you have CMS, I would put a handful of agents on Trace (or all of them, depending on your call center size) to see if you can catch a pattern with these occurances.

Susan
"When the gods wish to punish us, they answer our prayers." - Oscar Wilde, An Ideal husband, 1893

Funny, I just did that an hour ago Susan, thanks!

Is it possible you have MAO enabled? If agent occupancy is to high it will kick them into a pre-defined Aux state.

See Avaya 07_600780_1.pdf page 491.

I just wanted to see if this was resolved. I'm having the exact same issue.

Well, all I could think was that maybe it was a bug in the Interaction Center servers, so I rebooted them that night and the problem went away. Very strange. I'm not sure if you have IC, but it adds an app on the agents' desktop and they use that app to login, logout, answser calls, and change call states. They never actually touch the phone, so this advice won't help you if you don't use IC (few do).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back