Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Automatic auto-in

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdowling

MIS
Nov 19, 2001
BM
Hello,

We've just upgraded our Definity switch to CM3 and are fitting out two remote sites with Avaya IP phones.

I've had a request to configure the phones so that agents are automatically put into auto-in when they log in i.e. no pressing of auto-in button.

Is this possible and if so how can I set this up?

Thanks for your help.

Charles.

cdowling,

i'm afraid you can't do this. this is so by design and there's no way to change it. is it a huge problem for agents to press auto-in button manually after logging in?

I don't think it's a big deal but there are others in the business that think differently.

Hi:

Really, DO NOT do this unless you really have to: you could have your agents work like conversant ports, this is: AAS-agents: automatic available split/skill.

This is not recommended, because they will not be able to hang up a call, I am not sure that they will be able to claim ACW or aux...

But yes the possibility is there to have you treat your agents as machines: automatically available.

regards,

Tiramisu

Charles

Are you using any CTI Softphone apps like CCE or IC? You can set these easily to set the state to Auto-in on login.

Titamasu is right, lots of problems with AAS. That feature is primarily for IVRs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back