Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Automated Setup of HotSpot (or anything) 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

SysChaos

Programmer
Jan 31, 2008
Hello Everyone!
I'm looking for any sort of information that might be helpful.

We use HotSpots for various applications within Attachmate.

Everytime we create a new HotSpot, we have to go around to every Attachmate session and load the HotSpot. This gets to be a pain in the butt, and takes alot of time.

Does anyone know of, or has anyone developed some kind of a batch file or script that can be run to automate the setup of a HotSpot?

Or perhaps anything along the same line that I might be able to modify to do what I need?

Thanks Everyone!

Save your scheme settings to a network drive. Change the remote scheme settings to the network. With Attachmate 7.11 goto Options>Global Preferences>Files/Directories to change the remote scheme settings.

You can read the session file and update the HotSpots there. Read the file, write the file with the change. When the user opens the session they're then using the new scheme.

Skie,

I too am forever going around installing HotSpots.

I had a look in my Extra80 folder (we're using Extra 8.0), but I couldn't figure out which file you meant by the "session file". Could you elaborate?

Thanks,

-LB

It's the edp files. Use a text editor to see the HotSpot data. Read/write the files (via script) to update the HotSpotsSchemeName.

I'll have to revisit the Remote Scheme again. We tried that in an older version, and didn't work for some reason.

If I remember correctly, if one session was using the Remote Scheme at that time, it wouldn't allow any other session to load it.

Like I said though, that might have been an issue with using older versions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back