Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Automated Roll-Over Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

mancomm

Technical User
Jul 24, 2003
US
This morning I was presented with a weird error in Goldmine 5.0. People complained of something flashing on their screen, I took a look and noticed that this little dialogue box was flashing off and on. It flashed so fast that you couldn't see what it said, so I took a screenshot of it. In the title bar it says: "Auto-Forwarding scheduled activities..." Then in the box it says "Searching..." and right under that it says "Number of Records: 0" It would take presedence of the screen, so if you are in Goldmine and trying to click on something else, the dialogue box would kick you back out. If you minimized Goldmine, then the box would flash on the desktop. If you closed Goldmine, the problem would stop, but the next time you started Goldmine it would start back up.

Logging off of Windows didn't help. The only way I could get it to go away was to restart the computer.

Any help with this problem would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you for your time

Auto-forwarding of scheduled items is a feature in GoldMine that many user like to set their calls forward to the next day that they missed yesterday. We don't suggest that you forward Appointment, or forecasted sales.

This can be turned on / off for each user via the menu: Edit | Preferences | Calendar Tab | Auto-Roll Over switches (off by default) - click off all that you don't want to auto-forward.

The reason the reboot helped was GoldMine had already forwarded the calendar items. The next day the auto-forward would re-appear.

Hope this helps...Mark /

I am having the same probelm. This only occurs with users connecting to Goldmine via VPN. It doesn't matter what user logs in, it still happens. Auto roll-over is disabled but this still occurs. I'd prefer to avoid rebooting the server. Does anyone have any other ideas what might be causing this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back