Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

automated power shutdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

bindu143

Technical User
Sep 8, 2009
GB
Hi
I iam looking for a software which i can use on my network to automate switching off PCs during specified time in the evening.Any sugessions appreciated.

Many Thanks

shutdown.exe

RoadKi11

"This apparent fear reaction is typical, rather than try to solve technical problems technically, policy solutions are often chosen." - Fred Cohen

You can setup a scheduled task running the shutdown.exe command as Roadki1l stated on your machines.

And if you want force a definitve shutdown:
shutdown.exe -s -f -t 00
where the parametre -f denotes the forced termination of all applications and -t 00 means wait 0 seconds before shutting down, i.e. shut down immediately.
:)

[navy]"We had to turn off that service to comply with the CDA Bill."[/navy]
- The Bastard Operator From Hell

Any ideas as how to configure much appreciated!!
Thanks

Sure!

You only need to tell us in what fashion you need to configure.

You need to shut down all PCs in a domain network?

Do you have AD?

Any other stuff needed when shutting down?

How about restarting?

Cheers,
MiS

[navy]"We had to turn off that service to comply with the CDA Bill."[/navy]
- The Bastard Operator From Hell

I only need to shut down the Client PCs on our Domain network after 10PM and before it shuts down it would be good to send a popup screen saying that the PC will shut down in 5 minutes and please save all your work.

Yes We have a AD in out network

Restarting is not required and we want the users to physically restart the PC next day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back