Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Automated Outlook, Have changed "replyto", want to change "From&q

Status
Not open for further replies.

andytodd

Technical User
May 17, 2002
GB
Hi,

We have an Access 2000 database controlling participants for our courses. It sends personalised mails automatically and when instructed to by controlling Outlook.

We can set "to", "subject", "body", "importance" and "reply to" with code. Multiple operators PCs send mails but I need them all to appear to have come from a generic department address. Can anyone assist with changing the "From" field using VB?

Thanks

Hi

If you are using COM and the MS Outlook Object Library you should set the ".SentOnBehalfOfName" property of your message. Obviously uou will need to have permissions to send on behalf of that mailbox - so you might need to speak to your Exchange Server Admin or whatever mailer you are using.

HTH
PJM

Hi PJM,

Thanks for the property name which works.
It does however fail due to permissions as you said it might!

Problem we now have is that I have no permissions to speak of, and those that do have permissions do not know where to start looking. Do I need to get them to change something in Outlook or somewhere further up the chain? Our Computer Services people try not to support Outlook which doesn't help much.

Sorry,
Hit the wrong button.

Any help at all would be useful as four of us are currently very confused.

Andy

The user that Access will indicate the message is from may grant the permissions. Within Outlook this user selects "Options" from the "Tools" menu and then selects the "Delegates" tab. Click "Add" and add as many names as you want who may send messages on your behalf.

Thanks to both of you for your much appreciated assistance.

[cheers]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back