Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Automated full back for Symposium server 4.2 ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

StoneColdphoneman

Technical User
Jan 13, 2003
US

Do’s any one have automated full back up set up on Symposium server 4.2 using 3rd party software what I’m trying to do is have script set up that will stop all Symposium services then Sybase and ones both are stop run full back up ones the full back up is complete have the script start Sybase and all symposium services.

Thank you,

Hi,

i have installed Acronis TrueImage Server 7 on the symposium server .. this allows you to create full backup images of the whole system ... and there is no need to shutdown the services ....

You have to reboot the server ony once, after Acronis is installed ....

This works perfectly on my site ...;-)

Greetz
e5tom

Thank you, for replay.
So what you saying is you have this in place and running with out any problems even do that under symposium installation and maintenance says that if symposium services and Sybase is not shut down for the back up corruption can accrue.

Hi,

the goal is to have a complete system backup and a complete symposium database backup .... one the one hand , i have installed acronis with full backups and symposium is doin´ a second incremental database backup by itself ....

when the system crashes, grab the acronis image and after that restore the incremental database backup of sccs ...

and thats it .. ;-)

Greetz
e5tom

e5tom,

I have Tivoli running in all my servers, but I have not installed yet in any SCCS because Nortel does not recomend it.

We have just purchased ARCserve 9.0 with the Sybase Adaptive module. Our intention is to use this for complete backups of our SCCS 4.2 servers. Servers are Compaq Proliant ML350.

Anyone have any experience / problems with using ARCserve in a Symposium environment? If so, how did you resolve them.

Question for e5tom: Can TrueImage save to a DAT drive? If not, what media do you save to?

e5tom, have you tested restoring your full backup and if so, were you able to verify that all files were copied correctly with services running?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back