Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Automated file uploading to Livelink folder

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnBOA

MIS
Jul 15, 2002
US
Is there anyway to automatically upload a file into LiveLink? I create a Excel workbook everyday and want to upload the file into LiveLink, I used the GLOBAL Icon to point to a file which works great as long as you have access rights to the server where the file is located but if you do not you get denied access to the file.

Thanks in advance for any help.
John

John,
if it will always be in the same location, or one that can be calculated you could do either a Push, using LAPI/WebServices, or a Pull, using a Livelink Agent.

Greg Griffiths
Livelink Certified Developer & ECM Global Star Champion 2005 & 2006

Thanks Greg.
I am new to LiveLink is there any documentation in LiveLink on how to use this PULL function?

Thanks,
John

I beleive Greg uses the PULL method to write an agent which is usually written in oscript,livelink's proprietary language.
There are two approaches to doing this the simpler method uses a livelink custom module having the necessary objects orphanned in them.In the KB when you search for "custom agent" you will get this.alternatively a script that ends in .e could be coded and dropped in the <OTHOME>\scripts directory.Both will require you to understand a little bit of oscript.the alternative method is also covered in the KB a guy form Nortel Networks John Shoun is probably his name is the champion on that.

Well, if I called the wrong number, why did you answer the phone?
James Thurber, New Yorker cartoon caption, June 5, 1937
Certified OT Developer,Livelink ECM Champion 2008

I forgot to say this.I have used elink,an optional module that allows any livelink object(well most containers) to have an email alias.With this it may look like "mylivelinkfolder@mygreatlivelinkinstance.com" .using then outlook client rules one can creatively file these into livelink folders.I would set a outlook rule saying if the message subject contains 'wellfiles" send it to the elink folder concerned.I used these on a 9.5 livelink and versioning was not possible so you could get only one document that way.Maybe the current elink implementation may allow you to version as well

Well, if I called the wrong number, why did you answer the phone?
James Thurber, New Yorker cartoon caption, June 5, 1937
Certified OT Developer,Livelink ECM Champion 2008

John,

Dozens of options are available. Along with the mentioned ones, it would also be possible to push a file into a mapped WebDAV share.

You'll have to decide for the option that fits best for your requirements.

Jack

I appreciate all the suggestions and now that I know there is a way to push a report to LiveLink, I fill comfortable to approach our LiveLink Admin with these suggestions and I will post our solution.

It is good to know there is a group of professionals out there willing to help, Thanks.
John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back