Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Automated deployment to production

Status
Not open for further replies.

kashush

Programmer
May 2, 2003
US
Has anyone created a way to automatically deploy maps, systems, resource registry files to a production environment? I am not talking about opening a MSD file and deploying. I am talking about runing a script or using a tool that will do the compile and deploy from a list of systems/maps.

Although not deploying to production, we have an automatic build an deploy process for our development and test systems. The process is built around ant and integrates nicely into our revision control system (CVS).

Not sure what platform you are on. I maintain a system that runs on windows 2003 server. I use a batch file to execute the deploy scripts that are defined in the MSD. The problem is that you need to have the source available i.e you would need the batch file and source on the production server and execute the batch file on the production server. If this sounds like something that you would like to pursue I can get you a copy of the batch file.

You can use IFD to create deployment script and deploy to production so long as you have permission to ftp to it.

Some systems run on Wintel and others run on unix, both sun and aix. We do not store souce files on the unix machines. Mercwiz, I would be interested in checking out the script, if you please. Thanks.

If you use the IFD you only need the source on the machine where the .msd is created.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back