Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Automated Attendant direct ext transfer in sub menu 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 10, 2002
US
Partner mail VS voice Messaging System release 5. I created a day menu with a selector code that allows a caller to go into a announcement with and extension list. The problem is when the caller is listening to that announcement they are not allowed to dial and extension. Is there some way to set up the sub menu so that when callers dial and extension it works. It tells me that it is and invaled extension when I try it. It works fine at the first day announcement. Just not in the subdirectory.

Hi jeffuswilliamsdon,
Instruct the caller to press "*7" and the extension number. Put that in the beginning of your extension list. This returns the caller to the main menu where the extension is dialed. It works for company info announcements too (just the *7).
That should do it.

-Chris

Thanks! It seems a little complex. Is there no way to dial the extension from the sub menu? Is this not a program option for this system?

Unfortunatly, from the announcement, you cannot simply dial an extension number, and it cannot be changed on a VSR5. Also, the code to transfer is *8 (or *-T for Transfer)

Imagine the callers surprise when they are asked for a password after pressing *7. lol

Hi guys,
Oops! I know *7 gets you to the subscriber level when you hear the greeting but I thought that's how you back up one level. Sorry 'bout that.
-Chris

At the announcement, *7 will indeed back up to the auto attendant. *4 will replay the announcement. *8 will allow you to transfer to another extension.

I have found that telling the caller to press *8 before each extension number is helpful. For example:
For Bob press *8 then 10
For Tom press *8 then 11
Otherwise by the time the caller gets to the end of the directory he/she has forgotten about the *8.

is there any way to turn this feature off? I'd rather be able to have my callers just dial the extension.

Hi heresahandle,
You don't need to press *8 from the main greeting, just sub levels. It's not a "feature", but rather a way to tell the voicemail what you want it to do. It beats the heck out of multi menus pressing 1,2,3,... each time.

Why not use a submenu with your range of ext #'s set in your selector codes. That way a caller can listen to the menu and just dial the 2 digit ext #

There is no such thing as a sub-menu on the Partner Mails. Only "annoncements" are available, and you can't transfer inside an announcement. Your thinking of a Partner Messaging, the much needed replacement for the Partner Mail, where you also get more than 20 mailboxes (geez).

Be nice to the old lady (partner mail vs) You can still get 48 mailboxes out of the R5....

MFurrer@charter.net

Thank you Mongo5150, I will add that to my notes.

I am also glad that you decided to specify that you were not calling "thephonelady" an old lady.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back