Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

automate the creation of a URL newsitem in Upfront

Status
Not open for further replies.

hmunk

Programmer
Mar 4, 2003
DE
Is it possible to automate the creation of URL newsitems in Upfront. We have lots of pdf-Documents which has to be linked in Upfront. It causes a lot of work to do that manually. E.G. if the name of one pdf-file changes, you have to link the file again ...
Thanks.
Hede

Hi hmunk,

Have a look at the ppadmtool. Discussed in the PDF manual for Powerplay Enterprise Server guide (page 81 I think). This tool allows you do various things such as change file names, publish documents, cubes etc.. all from the command line. This enables you to build a batch file containing a list of often used commands.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Paul.

Take a look at the Upfront Developers Guide. You can create a .utml file that contains xml directives to perform/automate otherwise tedius administrative tasks.

You would execute a command like the one below, replacing filename.utml with the filename that you create with the xml -- I have also included an example below of how to create a URL newsitem...this is right out of the pdf manual I alluded to earlier...

Submit Example for URL NewsItem
<CreateNewsItem>
<Name>Chicago%20Sales%20Figures%202000</Name>
<ParentId>e82955e0bffd11d58b34b6f15f5b46c0</ParentId>
<ProviderType>Other</ProviderType>
<DefaultAction>View</DefaultAction>
<PictureURLText>icon_newsitem_url.gif</PictureURLText>
<ShowToConsumerFlag>Y</ShowToConsumerFlag>
<Action>
<Name>View</Name>
<URLText><PictureURLText%20/>
<Label>View</Label>