Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Automate reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ielamrani

MIS
Jul 7, 2005
US
Hi,
I ran reports once a day (at 4PM or later) then these reports are exported to two separate excel sheets one called: DailyAuth and the other called: DailyAuthMCR. Then I use 2 email templates to email the 2 sheets.

One template called: Daily Authorizations sent to a group of people with the DailyAuth sheet attached to it
The other template called: Daily Authorizations MCR sent to another group of people with the DailyAuthMCR sheet attached to it

Is there a way to make this process one button click. Meaning once I ran the reports I click on a button which will attached the 2 excel sheet to the email and email them to the list of people.

I hope this is clear

Thanks in advance
Ismail

You can create a MACRO and use The SENDOBJECT command to take your report convert it to an excel spreadsheet and send it out to a list of email addresses all at one time.

that's it. thank you.
to be honest with you I never used the SENDOBJECT Command before.
Ismail

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back