Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Automate a move of nodes within Site Lost&Found

Status
Not open for further replies.

paulhthomas

Technical User
Apr 5, 2005
GB
Hi all, I'm using ePO 3.5, I've got a bucket load of sites all with their IP ranges defined. I'm getting new machines being added into the tree by the AD Sync task, but the new machines are falling into the Lost&Found at Site level.
Is there ANY way at all of moving then up out of Site > Domain > Lost&Found into the Site container?

I think not, but I thought I'd ask.

Thanks in advance

Paul

We have done this by running some sql scripts directly on the databaseserver.

being a complete SQL numpty, any chance you could send me / post the script?

Cheers

Paul

In fact I think my scripts won't help you as we do thingds differently. I have 40 sites and currently 20000 computer objects (still going up) but we are not using IP ranges. The script we use is listing all PC's in global L&F and then verifies where it can find the PC in AD. (we have a 1-to-1 mapping AD-ePO directory). If we find the PC in AD we copy it to the corresponding group/site, else it remains in L&F.

ah right, probably not then, no worries, thanks anyway

Hello. I would love the automatic AD Script. You can send it to me at chet.black@cingular.com

I would also be very interrested...Would it be possible to send me a copy also? nico.mandersloot@logicacmg.com

ah Nico!! I work for LogicaCMG as well. in fact, I think we're going to end up working on the same project soon! haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back