Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Automaiicly Refresh a Cube 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

TimK01

Technical User
Jan 4, 2002
Using SQL Server 7 (and im new to it) I have created a DTS package to build the Data Warehouse and I can see how to refresh that, but it seems reasonable to to automaticly refresh the cube too, but I cant see how to. Can anyone help?

In SQL Server 2000 there is a DTS package type that processes a cube...I dont know if SQL Server 7.0 has this but I think it is new to SQL Server 2000. If you cant migrate to SQL Server 2000, you might have to use DSO (Decision Support Objects) and write code to refresh or process the cube....
Try searching Books On Line for DSO...
hth,
Michael

Thanks Michael

I dont see any cube objects available in SQL Server 7 DTS.

So if anyone has any other ideas or Code fragnments that would be realy helpfull.

Tim

Tim,
Search MSDN and the MS Knowledge Base...there is an add in available for DTS 7.0 (SQL Server 7.0)...it contains a package object for updating and processing OLAP cubes :)
hth,
Michael
PS -
If I get a chance, I will search for it myself and post the url here...

Thanks again Michael
the download is Data Transformation Services Task Kit 1 available from DOwnloads on the SQL Server site

That is the one...I just happened to come across it the other day by accident actually...let me know how it works for you, Tim.
~Michael

Works great, Thanks again Michael

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back