Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Autoexec doesn't run

Status
Not open for further replies.

MelissaT

Programmer
May 16, 2002
US
I have a secured database used by several users. It has an autoexec start that opens the main manu. On one machine, nothing opens after the login, it just stays at a gray screen. I even try logging in as me and I get a gray screen. I can log in as either of us on my machine with no problem. I tried opening another database on the problem machine and that goes to a gray screen too! I've uninstalled and re-installed access runtime 2000, no change. Any ideas?

Melissa
Designing Access databases since 1999

Does the RunTime version have a macro security level too ?

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ181-2886

I'm not sure what you mean, but all of the users have the same security and no one has this problem except this computer. I can login as the user on another machine and it works fine, so I don't see how it could be a security issue. Seems like it must be a problem with the software, but I've uninstalled and reinstalled runtime and don't know what else to try.

Melissa
Designing Access databases since 1999

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back