Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

autoexec.bat problems with jdk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
The instructions say to set the path at C:\jdk1.3\bin. However, there is a mysterious C:\WP51 entered there. I typed ";C:\jdk1.3\bin" after that,ENTER,then,typed the required "c:autoexec.bat", on the next line. Currently,the path is showing as C:\Windows\Command\WP51.Can anyone help me?

Anything typed in autoexec.bat only gets updated in the system the next time you reboot. Have you tried rebooting?<br><br>WP51 (I'm guessing) is WordPerfect 5.1 (I don't use WordPerfect, so I really don't know its install directory). Apparently, whichever program it was thought it was important to put it in the path.<br><br>If your path looks like this inside of your autoexec.bat file:<br><br>PATH=C:\WP51;C:\jdk1.3\bin;<br><br>then you should be ok. I don't understand what you mean by typing the required 'autoexec.bat' on the next line. The next line of what? And if your path initially was set to C:\WP51, I don't follow how it could be C:\Windows\Command\WP51 ... Is that set in your autoexec.bat file? <p>Liam Morley<br><a href=mailto:lmorley@wpi.edu>lmorley@wpi.edu</a><br><a href=] :: imotic :: website :: [</a><br>"light the deep, and bring silence to the world.<br>
light the world, and bring depth to the silence.

What I mean by the next line is that I typed in autoexec.bat on the sysedit prompt, after having typed the path and hitting enter. I think I needed to type that in the DOS prompt. Thanks for taking the time to help me.

Add jdk to your path statement, then either reboot or run autoexec.bat in a dos window. If you are using dos, ie command line, compilation you may find you have to manually run your autoexec to set the PATH everytime you open a dos window. Batch files seem to work fine however.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back