Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Autodiscover only working for a few users

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcrapps

Programmer
Oct 26, 2001
US
Hello All,

I'm having a weird issue at the moment. I have created an account for a couple test users for my Exchange Server and when I log in to their Outlook 2007 accounts, I get the Certificate Error message saying that the site name does not match with the certificate. This is fine because I don't have a SAN. Everything works well with these clients. I don't get an error message in the Sync Issues folder and I'm able to DL OAB and use OOF in Outlook 2007. With ALL other users, when they start Outlook 2007, it doesn't give them this Certificate Error. They aren't able to use OOF, OAB, and get an error saying the URL for OAB is incorrect. Is this a permission isssue? I'm not sure where to start.

I get the Certificate Error message saying that the site name does not match with the certificate. This is fine because I don't have a SAN.
That's actually not why. A SAN certificate it not required to get rid of that prompt. The certificate merely needs to match the name in the URLs. See my detailed response in thread1582-1474625

Pat Richard
Microsoft Exchange MVP
Contributing author Microsoft Exchange Server 2007: The Complete Reference

Thank you, but my issue isn't the certificate error, it's the fact that most users can't use the autodiscover functions like OAB and OOF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back