Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Autodial a number when you lift the handset?

Status
Not open for further replies.

schronuts

Programmer
Mar 12, 2010
US
We are running CM 5.1 with mostly IP 1616 and 4610 handsets. I have looked all over the internet for the answer to this questions so I apologize if this is a question already asked.

We want to have a phone autodial an internal extension as soon as you lift the handset. Is this possible in our configuration? Please let me know if you need anymore information than I have provided. Thanks in advance!!

If you use an analog station, you can use the hotline feature. Going off-hook automaticallly dials and entry in the abbreviated dial list. As far as I know, it is not available for either digital or IP phones.

Kevin

We are out of analog ports on our gateway so short of buying another card analog won't work. Thanks for the reply though.

There is a special application that can be turned on - SA8887 Hotline for IP Telephones. This enables you to set up an IP set as a hotline phone the same way as you do with the analog, but I think the feature came out on CM 5.2.1. You could check your system-parameter special applications to see if you can turn it on.

Awesome! When I try to turn it on however it says "Warning: Activation of this feature confirms you accept the associated risk." I'm not sure what the risk is, any chance you do? I googled it with no luck. Thanks again!!!!

the risk is Avaya pointing out your turning on a special application that may effect other settings and or local laws , in your case your fine so dont worry.

APSS (SME)
ACSS (SME)
ACIS (UC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back