Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Autocreated printer will not print

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 17, 2002
US
I have a Citrix XP installed on two Windows 2000 computers with sp3. All of our printers are HP's but some come from different series. I cannot get my autocreated to print. Here is what is happening:

1. I installed the most current driver on the client computer (all client comuters are Windows 95 or 98se) and the server. I renamed the driver on both the server and the client to have the same name.

2. I have verified that Connect to client printers at logon and default to main cleint printer are checked. Windows and LPT printer mappings are not disabled.

3. The client name is unique.

The printers autocreate. No problem. I can see the printer from the client and even print to it. The screen shows that the document printed. There is no document stuck in the print Q but the document did not print.

I am stuck at the end of a network upgrade with this one issue holding me up. Any help would be great. Thanks

The problem relates to Win2K sp3. Check out Q328020. There is a hotfix available, although I prefer sp2.

-gbiello

Please give additional details (and also here are some things to try):

1. How are the printers connected (LPT, USB, COM, TCP/IP)
2. Do ANY of them print through Citrix?
3. Which SPECIFIC MODELS are having trouble (an older/simplified driver may be recommended).
4. Are any of the printers multifunction devices (ie officejets -- print/scan/fax devices)
5. What Feature Release of Citrix XP are you running?
6. Have you attempted to use the Citrix's Universal Printer Driver (granted, its NOT "Universal", but sometimes it helps).
7. Launch an app (anything) from one of your clients to map the client's printer. Then go to your CITRIX SERVER's Printers window. View properties for the MAPPED printer. Print a test page. Does this work (it should if correctly connected, and circumvents any problems you may be having with launched apps printing correctly -- it helps narrow down the problem).

Take care. Have Fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back